View Single Post
Old 2009-04-17, 02:34 PM

Re: Is this FM, lossy or DAT?

I feel confident that this is a very close AUD recording, possibly front of the stage? the clapping, talking and low vocals show that it is not an FM--altho its a logical (yet incorrect imo) guess from the evidence of heavy compression and 16kHz cutoff.

this would not get to air on any station with the vocals buried the way they are, and no SBD has vocals this low that I've ever heard.

it has been heavily processed by an amateur, the highs are removed (probably indicating that there was most probably nothing but noise up there due to ... ?? ... 32kHz DAT, ???, ... not certain...).

the highs still contain some amount of noise which wouldn't be there if this was a direct mp3>wav>flac source, but seeing as its been so heavily compressed its most probably also heavily eq'ed which could concieveably create this little bit of noise in the highs.

since the area where the mp3 cutoff could have been is obliterated we are left with only our ears to decide... the hihats sound swishy, but I couldn't say one way or another with confidence.

anyhow, hope this helps, maybe a couple other people could give a listen to those swishy cymbals and give a guess what this source is...

either way, the original untampered source would be a delicious find, from the beginning part before the music starts you can tell it was originally (before overprocessing) a very very high quality aud imo.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes