View Single Post
Old 2010-11-16, 07:46 AM
TTD VIP

Re: Can 'audio watermarks' be banned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
BUT some of my concert recordings now circulate with ALL stage announcements removed (Lou Reed 11081974), with wrong information purposefully added to the description (Robert Palmer 111776), some circulate with wrong dates now purposefully added (Moody Blues 1978), incorrect venues (Rolling Stones 060175), gaps between each song (Clapton 1974), set lists altered (Clapton 1976 Baton Rouge), missing songs (Rolling Stones 1975, Led Zeppelin 02281975, Clapton1976), songs from other shows edited in, seeders adding throughly wrong information ON purpose (Stones 1975)........nobody gets upset about that, right?

So why is this watermark different than someone who re-eqs a show that was already poorly eq-ed to begin with? Don't most of you already delete versions you don't like anyway?
Because no-one would know about these alterations unless you told us. Nobody can get upset about a missing song unless they know it's missing.

This is different because we know it's there, and because we know it's been deliberately tacked on to a tape where we all know it doesn't belong.
WRONG, my friend.

The fellow who edited out all the stage announcements on the Lou Reed 110874 show did announce what he'd done.

So did the fellow who fucked with the Robert Palmer, and the goofus who diddled on the Moofy Blued dfd like wise.

And all did so after snatching the show from TTD.

All shows wrer complete from the master and then the people who fucked with those shows did so thinking they were doing the right thing.

Who am I to tell 'em not to?

Only the taper.

Did I voice my displeasure?

Sure as fuck did....it did no good at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!