View Single Post
Old 2005-02-17, 05:53 AM
What'cha Got There?

Re: RIP Music Lounge? aka What's the Site Announcement Forum For?

I'm not going to win a popularity contest here by saying this,...but what do you think the Mods are for but to enforce the rules? YES, I know that they don't get paid, and YES I know they have a life to live but still there's a job to do (and I'm guessing they signed up for it without a gun to their heads). Really the only one I see put their foot down once in awhile is Lynne with a comment to behave or freezing a thread (Five and RD occassionally too) but the repeated mantra of "when there enough music related discussions" is holding about as much water as "I'll fix the leaks in my boat when it's sank down to the flag." I just did a very quick look at GD and out of the first 20 threads listed we have 8 that sure look like musical discussions:

Oasis to tour...
who played with....
The Jukebox Thread...
My CD List...
Interest in these shows...
Robert Randolph and...
Fan Clubs: Whats...
Musical Alphabet...

Obviously it's open to interpretation to the above (I definately say five of them are musical...other three ???), but in the time it took me to type out the headers,....wouldn't it take about the same to move them? Ok, a Mod might want to take an extra half minute to make sure on each one, but it didn't take me long to review them.
RainDawg is right,...a newbie hates to show up and see only one thread in a forum like a musical discussion....problem is....newbies plus others hate to wade through a bunch of other stuff to find musical discussion. If you take the music related threads out of GD "right now", then a music discussion forum will sure have more than one post.
Ever hear of a GI party? In the military that's when they pull everyone in a unit in on a weekend to clean up a building/area...no excuses, no vacation time off. How about a Mod party? Get all the Mods together for a couple hours over the weekend and relocate the appropriate threads. Heck, give me god mod for a couple hours and I'll extend Lynnes avatar down a couple inches
Now that I've probably got every Mod gunning for me I'll shut up.... Did I mention I love y'all?
(and I'm sorry that this thread may not still be as related to Site Announcements at this point, but I guess it's still Suggestions)