View Single Post
Old 2005-02-16, 05:30 PM
TTD Staff

Re: RIP Music Lounge? aka What's the Site Announcement Forum For?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapz
The points/suggestions I brought up that I'd actually like to hear back on are:
-Why wasn't the fact brought up in this forum that the Music Lounge was being deleted? That's what this forum is for....if the matter had been posted here, and then maybe a short discussion then perhaps some points would've been raised by people who read this forum.....and also then a person wouldn't wonder what the heck happened without wading through all the "stuff" in the General Forum.
My bad. I guess the way I read this site is totally different than the way anyone else does. I just hit the New Posts button and I get all the posts and I just never look to see what forum the post is in. The was a post that addressed the issue of getting rid of The Piano Bar. It had also been brought up just the week before. I took a look in the forum and saw only, at max, a couple of posts a day in there. I just didn't see a problem with getting rid of it. And, the posts that were in there really didn't have many replies. So, not only was the forum not getting many threads started, but it didn't seem to be very active.

Quote:
-What about my suggestion that a thread creator could opt to have a post appear in more than one forum (and any follow-up posts)? Then if someone was worried that their posts may not get the proper attention, they can always "opt in" the General Forum. I have nooo clue how the programing on this site works so maybe it's a bit NO, but it's a suggestion.
That would involve some programming. I assume you would want more than just a "Redirect". A "Redirect" just leaves a pointer to the post in another forum, but it doesn't bump when the other thread bumps. Redirects also don't show post counts or thread views with them. But, even if we just put a redirect in one of the forums and the actually thread in another, that would require someone to manually do that to the thread. If you are talking about a thread that actually looks like it is alive in both forums but is actually only one thread, well that will require some programming. We are looking for programmers (there is a post in this forum and in Technobabble about that).

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes