View Single Post
Old 2005-06-04, 08:52 PM
You are TOO

Re: What is a matrix?

Thanks a lot guys. I understand it clearly now. Also, thanks to wazoo2u for his explanation in the thread that Billster posted above.

ALD - I wonder how that technique was first discovered - accident or did someone use their brain and figure it out? (Rhetorical question)

Another thing comes to mind now. Shortly? after Frank Zappa's death, one of the guitar magazines (I forget which one and I don't currently have it with me) had an article about him and his life. The article mentioned something that I believe it refered to him as pioneering it, or maybe it was just something he was experimenting with. All I remember is it had something to do with a "pole" with microphones on it positioned 3 - on a side (or maybe just two?). Something like LF, RF, LM, RM, LR, RR - or maybe just a left-right-front-rear arrangment (but I'm pretty sure it was 6 mics). Someone could then walk around the audience/recording hall with this pole and record the music. Does anyone know what I am talking about and know anything else about this? Could it have something to do with a matrix/matrix recording? It may have said in the article, but it's been a long time and much weed since then and my memory just ain't what it used to be .
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes