View Single Post
Old 2009-03-24, 03:11 AM
TTD Staff

Re: TLH Shn Decoding Question + Torrent Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyFound View Post
I think I found out the answer. It seems to happen only with files created a while ago, and not with shn files created now with TLH. ...
So most likely the shn files became corrupt, or the md5 checksums were created after the corruption took place.

Quote:
... Seems that the md5 checksum file created by TLH has the following information in the beginning of the file:

"; wholefile md5 checksum file generated by Trader's Little Helper
; generated on March 23, 2009, at 6:57 pm"

followed by a blank line before you get to the data for the shn file (I don't know the technical name). ...
This info header is just a comment (each line beginning with a semi-colon is considered to be a comment that can be ignored when verifying). If you do not want to have it in a checksum file created by TLH please do as follows: Open TLH, go to Options > Preferences ... > Create checksum file, uncheck the box in the Info at beginning of a checksum file section and press the Apply button. From now on there won't be any leading comment when you create a md5/ffp/st5 checksum file using TLH.

Quote:
... md5 checksum files created with some other program do not necessarily have the same information at the top. I guess TLH is programmed to look for that information, and if it doesn't find it, assumes that the file is corrupted or truncated. ...
No, TLH is not programmed to look for that information, it completely ignores it (the verifcation process works independent from any comments found in the checksum file).

Quote:
... When I tried to verify an md5 checksum in mkwACT, I got an error message that the md5 contains checksums for two files that are missing. I'm assuming it is referring to the two lines above. If I delete them from the md5 file, and then verify in mkwACT, it will verify w/out an error message? ...
mkwACT is one of the few programs that do not "understand" comment lines. That's why you're getting an error message. Just delete the first three lines (two comment lines and an empty line) of the checksum file.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes