View Single Post
Old 2008-03-26, 03:25 AM

Lightbulb Re: CD/DVD Recovery Programs wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardec View Post
Hi All,
I am having some issues with DVD's. I used the drag & drop (direct cd)feature in Roxio (EZ CD Creator) usually without any problems. I leave these DVD's open for future copying, when it gets full then I close them. Since 2001 I have used this program & have never really had a problem (except the occasional coaster). Howardec

The place you should ask that question is a Roxio / Support / Forum (I don't use Roxio so don't the exact link)

Are you using - R or + R disc ?

the extracted files you should be able to rename the extension to xxxxx.flac (you may have to turn on the ability to see file extensions to be able to do it)
My Computer/Tools/Folder Options/View/(untick) Hide Extensions for known file types

Try it with one file as a test and see if your player (Winamp) can play it

Your method of multi-session is .... old fashioned .... and really only good for CD's *** NOTE *** ( - R DVD discs cannot do multi-session) most people create a folder and drag the files there and when it's 3 or 4 gig burn a disc ........ not what you do ......... <hint> ....... stop doing it that way

The person who wrote DVD-Decrypter has a free program ImgBurn which can burn all types or discs and there are " Tutorials " in the support forum to show you step by step (I use it all the time to compile a disc from different folders and then burn) but never in multi-session

http://www.imgburn.com/

For data recovery IsoBuster is excellent

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes