View Single Post
Old 2007-01-03, 05:14 PM
TTD Staff

Arrow Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGStreak
<snip> ...and now I have to mention the one problem I've been having with TLH. When I found out that I could set md5 (ffp, etc) file associations to TLH to double click to verify, I nearly jumped out of my seat... only to find that it doesn't work on my computer. Every time I try to double click an md5 associated with TLH, I get the error shown in the attachment below. If I add the md5 through the "add" button in TLH, it works fine, so I know the problem isn't the md5... any advice would be greatly appreciated. <snip>
File associations are handled via Windows registry, and in your case some registry entries were altered. The installer of TLH is very conservative when it comes to file associations and does not change existing ones. Installers of some other programs (Winamp, for example) just overwrite existing file associations. Likely that's the reason for your problem.

The good news is that you can correct this manually (no un/re-install needed). Please contact me via email (you'll find my address in the About dialog of TLH or in the user manual under the Contact topic).

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes