Thread: Yeeshkul!
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-27, 03:46 PM

Re: Yeeshkul!

TJ here.

Just to put a few things straight...

On Tuesday Jan 22nd I attempted a server reboot but the server failed to come back online. There was a problem with a second hard disk drive the night before, so I'm assuming that it's this that's stopping the server from rebooting.

I and the other mods have tried to contact our current provider Electropopmedia.com both by email and phone - but they simply just do not respond.

So to make the most of a bad situation and perhaps dump some gremlins that we've had to suffer in the past behind. I've decided to give the site a total revamp.

We will seek out new hosts and new software. I intend the new version of Yeeshkul to be along similar lines - ie a forum (likely vBulletin based again but a more recent version) with a bit torrent tracker attached.

I do have a back-up of the existing site locally, but I don't intend on restoring it - not fully anyway. I might retrieve sections of it and make them available for reference purposes.

I don't know how long this will take to re-organise everything - a week or 2 - who knows? Just know that we haven't thrown in the towel yet.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes