View Single Post
Old 2005-05-14, 12:31 PM
TTD Staff

Server Loads...... again :)

Well, I don't know what you guys have been up to while I've been on vacation, but we seem to have had a huge jump in the number of users on the site at any one time. I think we've gone up about 100% from normal.

Anyway, I've been talking to our host and we are going to add a new server to put the tracker and database on. We are hoping that will help out with the loads. Normal loads for a Dual Xeon should be less than 2, we are running between 10 and 15. I've got Search disabled if the load gets over 5 and I'm turning away people when the load gets to over 15. So, if you get a Server Too Busy message, it's because the load is over 15. Sorry I've got to do that, but I don't want the server to crash.

I'll update this post when I know more about exactly when we've got the other server up and working for us.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes