View Single Post
Old 2006-12-10, 08:27 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff

Re: Portforward is not working...

The only odd thing I see there is that your computer is using your router as a DNS server.. I don't think that is right. it should be passing the DNS info it gets from your ISP through to your computer.

I assume you have set it for a static IP address... Try either fixing the DNS servers to the ones assigned to the router from your ISP, or just turn DHCP back on the computer and allow your router to assign DHCP. (do IPCONFIG /release , then IPCONFIG /renew to get it to grab a new lease from the router once you enable DHCP on both)

Once it has a new address, check the IPCONFIG to see if the DNS info is something other than 192.168.0.xxx - should be the same as the router is getting from the ISP - check the router's main info page - where it shows your external IP address. If it is, note the newly assigned DHCP address and do the forwarding again.. you can forward a port to a DHCP address with no problem... I've been doing it for 3 years. Just set the leases in the DHCP to be as long as possible. This way, ifthe cable company changes the DNS or gateway info, it'll automatically update your computer for you.

I'm not positive that is keeping your port forwarding working, but it is the only thing I see that is irregular in your screen shots.