Thread: What is a SBE?
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-02, 05:03 PM

Re: What is a SBE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Thanks for answering, Jamie. But, um, can you run a preview of the shntool fix and post the results. I have no clue what you are talking about here. xACT has these options for shntool: len, info, join, split, cmp, cue and then I can also fix the SBEs. I could do something in terminal mode if I knew what I was doing.
If you want an easy way to run shntool in the terminal without installing binaries, changing your $PATH etc, try this.

Right (cntrl) click on the xACT application and select Show Package Contents. At the next window, double click the Contents folder, next window double click Resources, next window double click Binaries. You should now see a single folder named bin. Open a Terminal window and type:

cd <drag the bin folder here>

(That's, cd-space-drag folder) and hit Enter.

The command prompt should now look something like:

<your computer's name>:/Applications/xACT.app/Contents/Resources/Binaries/bin u2lynne$

You can type:

shnfix -h

Which will show you the options for the fix mode but for this test you probably just need to run:

shnfix -o wav -order -p <select and drag in all the files to be fixed>

You can drag 'em all in at once and edit the order correctly afterwards or just drag them in to the Terminal window one at a time in order before hitting Enter.

ff

Black Keys - I Got Mine
Tintern Abbey - Vacuum Cleaner
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes