View Single Post
Old 2007-04-14, 10:51 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Understanding Peers List Stats

Two things.....

This tracker was resetting our stats all the time after our move. That was happening because I had had the peers table defined as a Memory/Heap table because that is more efficient for that table. So, everytime mysql restarted itself, the peer table was truncated and time would start again. I have since changed the peers table to a MyISAM table so that the stats don't get restarted and we've also fixed the problem where mysql wanted to restart every day. Mysql has now been up for 18 days. So, you still will not see any peers on the list that say they've been up for more than 18 days.

Regarding PLG.... we actually are going to be switching trackers. Our current tracker is a php/mysql tracker and causes our loads to be higher than if we had an XBT tracker, which is a tracker application. When we first started the site, we actually had a tracker application, however the trackers back then were incapable of keeping track of stats. They have since come a long way. Once I am familiar with that tracker, I will be able to do all sorts of things, but currently I'm not familiar with it at all and I'm still futzing with code to integrate it the way I like with our site. Bootcity is running the tracker I want to move to, but I have some changes I want to make to it before installing it.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes