View Single Post
Old 2005-09-24, 02:20 AM
spiritinaphoto

Re: Some sessions green, some yellow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikox2
Hmm, while screwing around trying to resolve this, I went into the router and set the port forwarding on UDP as well; I only had the TCP forwarding. After changing that, my yellow lights turned green! It just strikes me as odd that it never used to make a difference, and that it didn't matter on some torrents but did on others!

It's no wonder people get so frustrated and can't fix their problems. It seems the only consistent is inconsistency.

Aiko
I was looking through the options on Azureus today, and I think I stumbled across why this fix works. (What I saw made me remember this thread.)

One option under the 'Tracker -> Client' section says "Enable UDP tracker client protocol. This uses the same port number as the TCP server." This option is apparently enabled by default in Azureus.

I'm guessing that BitTornado must allow UDP access as well, and that was what made your fix work.

I think this is a pretty important thing, because conventional knowledge says that it's only TCP ports that need forwarding for BT use, and yet what we've accidentally stumbled upon is that several BT clients do use UDP ports as well.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes