View Single Post
Old 2005-08-06, 11:18 AM
Non Serviam

Re: Audiophilia - The shntool frontend, v0.0.1 released, alpha testers needed

P.S. I hate that 10 minute edit window, so here I am replying to my own post. I've been testing the features of Trader's Little Helper, and feralicious is right, it is a great program right now, easy access to the shntool LEN mode for generating track info and finding SBE errors, easy generation of the st5/flac-fingerprint files required for torrenting. If you follow the sequence "Create Checksum File" ->"Audio File Details" , the st5/ffpt files are created and the SBE errors are automatically found, and if needed the user is transferred to "Fix SBEs" mode. Wisely, the developer has the "preview changes" box set as the default, then once you are sure your files are in the correct order, uncheck "Preview" and SBEs get fixed. Very easy to use, and very nice documentation created thoughout the process..

My post above was too negative. With just a little experience using it, I think Trader's Little Helper is a great program right now, and once the encoder is done, it will be truly the whole package: no other frontends required.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes