Thread: RIAA question
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-17, 10:42 AM

Re: RIAA question

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrock1169 View Post
I understand ok...... you could say that those mp3s were yours and that you just lost your physical cd as long as you aren't sharing them on limewire or something then it is illegal. Technically the tunes could be downloaded off of limewire as long as THEY don't know about it. As long as you don't share it. After you download something in limewire right click and then press stop sharing or something along those lines. Anyways I am firmly against file sharing music. If you like the artists so much they buy there cd and support them. They can't make new music if you aren't buying there albums. I also like physical cds.
In the past I've been a heavy downloader of music. Not via peer sharing, but via Rapidshare boards, and whatnot.

I've had in excess of 200 gigs at one time before.

Now I've shunned my evil ways, and am attempting to go legit. Very difficult, I might add.

I've cut my collection down to only music that I have personally bought and ripped, or were available for free downloads/internet only releases such as Saul Williams, Radiohead, NIN, and so on. Those bands had their latest albums up for like 5 dollars or free, your choice. I paid for the Saul Williams (several copies, actually in various formats) and I got the others for free.

And I've got several DJ Mixtapes by DJ's that I know so I have those as well, in addition to some neo soul/funk/hip hop radio podcasts that were free from www.wefunkradio.com

Just now getting into the Amazon.com mp3 downloading thing. I bought my first album the other day (yay!) by Wayman Tisdale called "Rebound" (just came out) and am going to start buying more regularly from them.

My only issue is that there's a lot I want but they don't have, and it makes no sense why they don't have it.

Like, for instance, Damien Rice's "O". His debut album, and most popular one.

They don't have it, and neither does Itunes. But they have "9" and Live @ Union Chapel (or whatever it's called).

There's some single MP3's they don't have either, namely specific remixes.

They don't have Craig David's first album, but they have all his other albums.

Frustrating, but I'm staying the course! lol
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes