View Single Post
Old 2006-05-14, 10:13 AM

Re: Some opinions/help, please.

About the FM, don't think I can get it from the station. Especially since it's broadcasted 5 or 6 years ago, but if I could it would still be lossy (without the noise) woudn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
4. yeah... the new mp3 source looks similar, perhaps somebody deleted off the top of it to hide the mp3 ugliness?? not too sure what is up with that. if you can find the taper or somebody who knows him you could get some answers and maybe a better version.
You are saying the wav [from first post] comes from mp3? How is it then possible the mp3 has some more small drops e.g. at 4,5 and 7 kHz.

When and in which file do you say the deletion is made to hide the mp3 ugliness? I think I am missing the point here..

Found the taper, but I doubt he is still using that e-mail account.

The best option left is I can get ahold of the other (incomplete) source..

Quote:
missed 5 before, my comments about 4 last post should have been about show 5 :oops:
5. looks like mp3 is mp3 and the FLAC vers is also from the mp3. hopefully you can get a lossless version!
ehm you was talking about the 12 kHz cutoff in your first post, but the fifth show has a cutoff at 8 kHz.. so not really sure if/where you are mixxing things up.

Quote:
ps here is a copy of slimeruky's screenshots with some blocks (looks more like "hyphens" here) circled and an arrow showing where the abrupt cutoff it.
I see, I was looking for way smaller blockiness (pixel-like). If it was one big block with cutoff at 15Khz it would have been a clear/good fm?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes