View Single Post
Old 2008-01-23, 04:55 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff

Re: How To Help Re-Seed, and Other Random Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderfingerr View Post

Q1.
If I wanted to help seed this torrent again here how would I go about doing this?

-also the original folder I downloaded it to is gone
1. Download the .torrent file and start again as if you were getting the show for the first time. This will set up the directory structure on your hard drive.

2. Stop your torrent client.

3. Go into the downloaded directory and delete all the data files. In the case of a DVD that will be like .vob, etc.

4. Copy the data files from your burned DVD into the directories on your HD.

5. Start up your torrent again. When your client asks where to save the files, you tell it to save it in the directory that has been established on your hard drive. It will then check to make sure the files are the same and assuming they are, it will start seeding.

Quote:
Q2.Say I downloaded something somewhere else and I think it's the same show or whatever here and I wanted to help seed the show here, how would I go about doing that?
I would recommend the same procedure as above. If the person who is seeding is literally seeding the same exact directory and file structure, you don't even need to do that. You just tell your torrent client to save in the same directory you previously downloaded and it will check and seed.

Quote:
Q3.With all of the .torrent files being labeled so differently how do some of you keep your stuff organized? Especially since you can't change anything about the torrent file, not even the folder name...right?
Different people do it different ways. I just burn to a DVD backup the torrent file as downloaded, with no changes.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes