View Single Post
Old 2008-04-02, 02:58 AM
TTD Staff

Arrow Re: Trader's Little Helper - Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweller_Benthos View Post
I now have the daunting task of verifying several hundred filesets. TLH does this very well, but getting a couple hundred MD5s, FFP and SFV files loaded into it so it can batch verify is kinda a pain. If I double-click one verification file, it opens in TLH no problem, if I double-click another, it replaces the one that's already there. Using the Add... button is OK for one or two files, but navigating to more than that gets to be a hassle, then, you lose track of where you were etc (yes I'm lazy). So, what I'd like TLH to be able to do is if a second file is double-clicked, it just gets added to the list, so I can easily go through a bunch of folders in explorer and fast click on a bunch of files, and let it rip.
Go to Options > Preferences > Verify checksum files, uncheck Clear existing file list before adding files, and press the Apply button. Now checksum files when double-clicked will be added without replacing the ones that are already on the list. A drawback is that after each double-click TLH gets the focus so the TLH window might get restored (depends a bit on the OS used). I'll try to change this with the next release.

Quote:
Even better, if I could point TLH to a master folder or a whole drive and tell it to find all the MD5 files (or FFP or SFV or any combination thereof) and it would automatically parse the folders, sniff out all the files and add them to the list to verify. That would be sweet.
Nice one, added to the list.

Quote:
OK, on to wish two (I get three, right? LOL)
You got more than one wish only if you run the commercially available version of TLH.

Quote:
Barring whatever happens with wish one, it would be cool if TLH had a way to report the total results when verifying more than one set of files. That way, instead of scrolling back up through a bunch of results to see if there were any errors, if a total appeared at the bottom that said something like:

Files: 2345 Passed: 2340 Missing: 1 Bad: 4

Or, if there was a check box that you could check to only show errors in the results list, something like that.
You're not the only user who requested something like that. It's on the list but I don't know if it will make it to the next release (unfortunately it's a bit more difficult to implement than one could possibly imagine).

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes