View Single Post
Old 2008-04-01, 08:15 AM

Talking Re: Trader's Little Helper - Wishlist

As if....

Anyway, long story short, I just got done copying about 500 CDs worth of files to an external HD so that when the CDs decay beyond use (some were already giving read errors) the files will be safe. Now, for the TLH wish(es):

I now have the daunting task of verifying several hundred filesets. TLH does this very well, but getting a couple hundred MD5s, FFP and SFV files loaded into it so it can batch verify is kinda a pain. If I double-click one verification file, it opens in TLH no problem, if I double-click another, it replaces the one that's already there. Using the Add... button is OK for one or two files, but navigating to more than that gets to be a hassle, then, you lose track of where you were etc (yes I'm lazy). So, what I'd like TLH to be able to do is if a second file is double-clicked, it just gets added to the list, so I can easily go through a bunch of folders in explorer and fast click on a bunch of files, and let it rip. Even better, if I could point TLH to a master folder or a whole drive and tell it to find all the MD5 files (or FFP or SFV or any combination thereof) and it would automatically parse the folders, sniff out all the files and add them to the list to verify. That would be sweet.

OK, on to wish two (I get three, right? LOL)

Barring whatever happens with wish one, it would be cool if TLH had a way to report the total results when verifying more than one set of files. That way, instead of scrolling back up through a bunch of results to see if there were any errors, if a total appeared at the bottom that said something like:

Files: 2345 Passed: 2340 Missing: 1 Bad: 4

Or, if there was a check box that you could check to only show errors in the results list, something like that.

Well, I think I'm pressing my luck here, so i'll save wish three for a time when I think of what it might be, lol

thanks

D_B
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes