View Single Post
Old 2004-12-15, 02:41 PM
TTD Staff

The scoop on what's been going on

In case you don't look at the Site Announcements in the forums, I posted this last night (Dec 14th):

We switched servers today. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, and so we didn't shut the site down. Well, it turns out that we've lost a few posts and some registrations during about an eight hour time period today.

If you've lost a thread you started or a post, go ahead and post it again.

If you've lost a torrent thread, right now the tracker is down because of the server move and I need to see what the status is afterwards. The torrents may still be there, in which case I can probably do the threads again for you from the tracker information. PM me and I can add your name to the first post as the Seeder.

If you are no longer Registered, just register again.

So, I think we finished 'propogating' this morning. And, then we got our tracker up and running again. We did lose a couple of torrents, so go ahead and upload them again.

After the site got back up and running again this morning, you probably noticed that it went down again, then up, then down again, then up.... Well, even though *our* site was up and running fine again, another site sharing the server was not. So, the host first tried rebooting the server. Then, when that didn't work, he disabled http access to the server for a few minutes so he could try to figure out what was up.

I'm hoping that is the end of it. And yeah, lessons have been learned from this first experience of moving servers!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. If you've lost something important, please PM me and I'll see if I can get it back for you.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes