View Single Post
Old 2009-01-06, 07:29 PM

Re: What computer hardware/software to use to get cassete to computer?

You hit the nail on the head! l'm the carpenter guy, (31 years), and no l do not know what l'm doing. (Can barley type this!) But l have been collecting for my whole life. When l pull out an old tape, not only do l hear it, but l see my past, my good friends, and good times also. Maybe some people cannot understand, or just think they can, but it's not always been so easy to exchange music. l've sat for hours in parking lots, or camp grounds, dirt fields etc, (with junk boom boxes and dying batteries), to get the stuff l got. (Actually went car to car asking if l could buy, or trade for batteries out of peoples flashlights so l could record side B! Got the batteries cause l had the stuff to trade! hehe)! l intend to preserve what l got the best l can. l am aware that l have a lot of work to do to get it right, and it will probably take me years to even get close, (if l ever do). l'm the guy my old friends look to and ask if l still got that "one tape from that night that we got from that one dude and that weird chick". l wanna say, "hell yea bro, here it is on CD"! Even after transferring to digital, l do not think l could ever throw my tapes away. Someone was right when they stated that it might be all in my head, so what else is there really? Without flashbacks, l'd have no memory at all! l think l am going with the Alesis, or a high end sound card. can hear the difference between the tape played in my Nak while recording, then replayed on my hd after. (Using the mic jack on a SB Live Value). Am going to research the sound cards mentioned here. Also, is there something easier and more robust than Audacity? l'm having a hard time with it.

mauserman
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes