View Single Post
Old 2007-02-10, 11:15 AM
Long Distance Runner

Re: Cable Company not happy with my BT

You probably want to read your contract first (you know, the paperwork you got when you signed up). Mine was so vague that I did not have a leg to stand on. Here is the thread I started when I was exploring this options http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=30373

You may have lots of isp's to choose from if you burn your bridges with the current one. Here in Canada, there just aren't that many. So, I had to tread carefully (especially because I need the internet for my day job). I told them that my router was unsecured. And I get lots of big files from work. And, I was getting some music from legal trading sites like etree. It isn't their business what you are doing on the internet, so don’t feel any pressure to tell them anything if you don’t want.

They told me that there was "enhanced" service that would bump me from 60G to 100G for $10 CDN (afterwards, my isp confided that they were slugging it out with many of their customers over bandwidth issues). I don't see this problem going away. The isp's just don't have the infrastructure to support the true potential of the internet. I choose the soft approach, not being the confrontational sort. The only other choice in my area has a 30G or 40G cap, so I felt like I did ok.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes