Thread: Seeding problem
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-03, 10:00 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Seeding problem

Are you firewalled (your port number is in red in the Peers List)? If you are firewalled, then the only peers you can see are those that are *not* firewalled. So, depending on which torrent you jump onto (I've found that some torrents have a lot of firewalled peers, others do not), that may be the reason you aren't seeing many peers. Also, many people will have their clients set to only connect to x many peers total in a swarm. So, if they have already reached that limit, then they won't pick you up to connect with.

This has happened to me on a couple of other sites. I have hopped back on to try to get my ratio up, but there will be lots of seeders and a few peers on the torrent and it may take me an hour or two before I get connected to anyone because they had all reached their 'limit' of connections before I hopped onto the torrent.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes