View Single Post
Old 2005-07-30, 09:57 AM

Question BitTorrent upload mechanics

1. What is it that slows down my uploads? I am using the ABC torrent client which works fine. At first, I see speeds such as 15kB/s (which according to ISP is about my max upload speed). Some more ppl coming on, and the rate slows down typically to 2kB/s, makes the files crawl for ages and my upload capacity remain unexploited. Why doesn't the speed remain at 15kB/s?

2. Leechers still are at 70% when I've already uploaded 100% and even more. Can I alter the settings so the client will serve 100% of the data to one or some leecher/s who will share the rest of the data with the rest of the leechers (and I can go offline)?

3. Can a seeder select his audience and exclude leechers, for instance those who slow down an upload or those with bad ratios?

4. According to my ISP provider, max. speeds on this DSL line are
d/l 125kB/s
u/l 15kB/s
I don't trust that information, just because I never trust the big telecoms ... Is there a way to alter settings with fine tuning, especially increase u/l to 125? And provide you a better service ...

5. Often: My client is on, ready to seed, but no transmission to the waiting leecher. Anything I can do? I tried removing torrent and re-load. Nothing. I guess it's just servers not connecting, true?

6. Example: A torrent is inactive here but active on a different site, etree. Same source/show. Can a leecher resume by switching sites?

Last edited by chazuke; 2005-07-30 at 10:20 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes