View Single Post
Old 2007-06-25, 01:21 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Audio - Pre-FM Re: 17 KHz stripe in King Biscuit Flower Hour vinyl

In my case, yes the stripe does come from KBFH.
Here's some more screens that show the virgin vinyl transfer I did.
This is the show:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=34781
They show the stripe fading in and out for the show's opening intro, and gone for the very next thing on the record - an embedded commercial.
It then comes back through the rest of side 1's main show, and side 2, but gone from side 3, and gone for the embedded commercials...
This was a second edition of the program, perhaps their vinyl was funky from copying it from their original broadcast...?
This is from 1980. I also have the same vinyls as that Plant 83 show that was put up. It is stripeless for the transfer of my vinyl edition of it, too.
I don't think it's coincidence that it comes and goes in unison with the program.
I don't see it being interference on my part, it's too specific to the program. It shouldn't be there one minute, and gone the next, then back again like it is.
Other KBFH's I have done don't have this, and other vinyl transfers I've done have been fine before, but this one seems to have it included...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg show intro stripe start.jpg
( 943.2 KB, 4 views)

File Type: jpg show start fadeout stripe dissolve.jpg
( 966.3 KB, 6 views)

File Type: jpg honda commercial s1 no stripe.jpg
( 974.7 KB, 4 views)