View Single Post
Old 2006-05-27, 07:45 AM

Smile Ways to convert and burn dvd's using different apps

hi all, i've noticed quite a few questions about dvd authoring etc, here are a few suggestions and apps. all the apps are available...if you know where to look!

Converting ntsc > pal or pal > ntsc

Create a folder on your desktop, call it anything you like, you will select this as the output folder.

the quickest and easiest app to use is WINAVI V 6.03. open the app, choose the dvd button, select the files you want to convert, browse to the folder you have created and select this as your output folder, go to advanced tab and you can chose whether to convert pal or ntsc. takes around an hour and does not diminish the quality.

You can also use the same app to convert anything to anything,ie: It converts mpg to avi, avi to dvd etc etc.

once you have your output files you are ready to burn.

Burning.

Although nero is widely used, it is not the only way to get great results, i used it for quite some time until i discovered DVD DECRYPTER AND DVD SHRINK. Dvd shrink relies on the nero burning engine to burn directly to disc, once i installed these i did not use nero again for dvd burning.

install dvd decrypter and open, install dvd shrink, then close both. if you do this there will be no issues with dvd shrink if you want to back up any of your encrypted retail dvd's.

open dvd shrink, click reauthor, browse to the desktop folder you created, select the video ts folder in it and title 1 will be showing on the right hand side of shrink. drag that to the left hand side, click back up and you are away (you will need to follow instructions on screen). the dvd can take up to 1/2 hour to burn. it is that easy and takes much less time then tempeng, nero etc. The only thing you can't do is create menu's, if you want to do that then this way of doing things is not for you.

if you don't have nero still install decrypter and shrink, shrink will then write a bin file which can be burned using ashampoo or indeed any burning app. Tutorials are available on the net, if allowed and requested i will get the links and edit this post.

The most important thing when burning with any app is that there is nothing else running on your comp. when you burn turn off the scheduled scans etc, leave the internet, shut everything down except the essentials. You also need to defrag on a regular basis.

hope this helps someone and offends none.

joe
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes