View Single Post
Old 2006-03-23, 06:11 PM

Question Dual Layer Help

This is driving me nuts. I posted here before about a DVD+R DL with a burned show (Neil Young 5/18/02) not showing up in Explorer when I put the dvd in my dvd-rom, or NEC 3540A DVD burner (which is a DL burner). The video is definitely on the DVD+ DL because it PLAYS fine. However, I want to copy it for others. So I got around the non-showing in Explorer by extracting the VIDEO_TS folder to my HD with IsoBuster. So now the files show on my computer - 7.86GB. I use TMPENG DVD Author Writing Tool to burn dvd's. TMPENG supposedly supports DL up to 8.5GB.

So now what's driving me nuts I try to use DVD Author Writing Tool to make a copy. The VIDEO_TS folder from my HD shows up in TMPENG as 8.6GB!!!, so of course it won't burn to a new DL DVD-R because it exceeds capacity!
WTF?! And I have made sure in the writing window that there aren't any extraneous stuff other than the VIDEO_TS folder there? Does anyone know what is going on? And how can I possibly copy a DL DVD? I would not want to shrink this show down with DVD Shrink - it's too good a DVD.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes