View Single Post
Old 2005-06-11, 03:22 PM
Yeah, that's a zebra donkey

DVD Burning problems....again

Ok, I know that this kind of stuff has been covered before, but I did some searching and can't really figure out what I need. I downloaded a DVD torrent and used Roxio Easy CD Creator 6 to burn a data disc with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. I then ripped the disc to the computer using DVD Decrypter so that I could check the md5 and make sure that the disc was good. The reason that I ripped it back is that the md5 was a wholfile md5 outside of the VIDEO_TS folder, so it wouldn't read properly right off the disc. Anyhow, I got two problems there.

1) MKWact told me that not all the files from the checksum were there and it was missing "summer". However, there were 11 original files and I had all 11 of these.

2) This is the part that I know has been discussed before. Two files, VIDEO_TS.bup and VIDEO_TS.ifo, failed the md5 check. They are both the same size as the originals.

Is is my burning program that had introduced this error? If so, what is a good open source/freeware program for burning DVDs? Does Nero have this same problem too (I seem to recall that it does). What are other people doing? Thanks for the help in advance.

-Phil
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes