View Single Post
Old 2006-11-09, 10:27 AM

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Hi roann,

First of all, thank you for working so hard on TLH... it really seems to have become the favorite choice of so many people, and it really is nice to have everything all wrapped up in one device.

That said, I have actually had quite a few problems using it. I don't know if they're my own errors or bugs or what, but I've never gotten the thing working just right. The two main things I've encountered:

***EVERY*** time I try to fix sbes I always get this error message:

Preview of changes:
-------------------
C:\WINDOWS\shntool.exe (2796): *** fork: can't reserve memory for stack 0x40000 - 0x240000, Win32 error 487
3 [main] shntool 2704 sync_with_child: child 2796(0x6C4) died before initialization with status code 0x1
2545 [main] shntool 2704 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp
shntoold: fork: Resource temorarily unavailable
Error: error while forking child process, see above

***AND*** every time I try to verify ffps, I always get this error message on every track:

Line 001: file'gd86-12-31d1t01.flac'failed verification (checksum in metadata block does match, but md5 checksum does not match)

The other thing I've noticed is that when verifying md5s, especially on dvd-rs in my burner, it seems to take TLH much longer than mkwACT to get the job done.

So, if you could point me towards solutions for the errors I'm encountering and maybe a tweak or something to speed up the verification process, I'd be most appreciative, because I really would like to use TLH exclusively. As it is now, I tend to give it a try from time to time, but then end up falling back on mkwACT and FLAC frontend after a while.

Again, thanks for all the time and effort you're putting into this. You're really doing a great service for the trading community!

Joel
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes