View Single Post
Old 2008-04-05, 10:34 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Seeding / Ratios / Utorrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarbh View Post
U2Lynne
thanks so much for taking the time to respond to me.
i've grabbed maybe 100 or more shows from TTD over the year or so that i've been happy to know about the site. most are still in my Utorrent list and so i thought available for others by my seeding them.
I went to the "Current activity on tracker" list as you suggested and there were only 10 items in the list, 9 of which had a 0 in the L column.
1. The 10 in the Current activity on tracker list ... are those the only shows with a current active tracker?
2. Are you suggesting that the 100s of shows i have in Utorrent, and thus on my hard drive ... i should remove them since they don't have active trackers and thus won't ever help my ratio again?
3. How could i go thru the 100s of shows i have in the Utorrent list and compare them to a Leechers list to see which i should keep or not?
4. the many shows that appear in my "active" listing in Utorrent, when it's open .. it certains appears that people are able to access these shows since the UpSpeed column shows much activity ... what is this all about? are people accessing my shows via other torrent trackers but not via a TTD tracker that would help my ratio at TTD?
5. to help my ratio, should i just kind of start over, and only keep the most recent DLs i've gotten?
you get the picture on what i'm trying to accomplish here
i never ran across this before, it always appeared that my ratio was increasing because i was leaving Utorrent open often simply to seed.
thanks VERY much ... again
1. Those are the only ten shows the tracker sees you on. You can only seed a maximum of ten shows. Anything over that gets ignored by the tracker.
2. Don't remove them, simply Stop them (red box). You don't need to have them Seeding if there are zero leechers.
3. uTorrent shows you the trackers stats for the shows in the list. Peers (the number of seeders) and Leechers are shown (by default, I believe). I use Azureus, which is similar, and click on Leechers and then it sorts the list by Leechers and I pick and choose which shows to seed that way.
4. It could be, I don't know. You probably have DHT enabled (if you didn't disable it, then it's on) and are seeding that way and that bypasses the tracker.
5. Well, you may have several shows in uTorrent that are no longer on the tracker. You should try to keep tracker of that. Usually there is a status column and it will give a tracker error if the torrent was removed from the tracker. Also, it won't show Peers and Leechers in those columns if the shows have been removed from the tracker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarbh View Post
to U2Lynne
more questions that i couldn't amend to my prior message
first...THANKS
6. what is the difference between Seeder/Leecher/Completes
7. what is a Leecher?
8. in Utorrent the Active list is always busy with items that have activity in the UpSpeed column...many of these that originated at TTD, under Tracker Status say: Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL> ... what does this mean? are these items being grabbed by TTD people? non-TTD people? totally unaffects my TTD ratio and thus could remove them? this is occuring for a show i just grabbed only a few days ago ... why does this happen...what does this message mean?
6. Seeders have the complete show and are trying to share it with others. Leechers don't have the whole show and are trying to get it from others (and hopefully also sharing what they have at the same time). Completes are the number of users who have downloaded the show.
7. See 6.
8. I don't use uTorrent, so I can't answer this really. My guess would be it is either a torrent which is no longer on the tracker (does it show any peers or leechers in the list?) or it is a torrent you turned 'on', but the tracker is trying to tell uTorrent that it can't see this torrent cuz you are over the ten allowed torrents to seed.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes