Thread: DVD Watermark?
View Single Post
Old 2005-01-17, 01:53 PM
fistula

Re: DVD Watermark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDawg
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. There is a lot of pissing and moaning (rightfully so) about mp3 formats around here, but there are precious few people here who could consistently pass a properly setup double-blind test with original PCM audio and 192KBps+ Mp3. Anyone (and this includes my half-blind grandmother) could tell you within 3 seconds which is which in a direct comparison of DVD and a VCD made from it, especially if they were both played on the same size screen (the VCD would have to expand it's resolution to fill the screen, making it quite blocky).

Making a VCD is, in my opinion, 100 times more despicable than making an mp3 out of an audio file.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially with the mp3, I doubt I could tell the difference even in my home theater unless I was REALLLLY trying and that would be tough. But VCD really needs to be buried and banned

You can do some nice SVCD/XVCD encode jobs etc but that takes it out of VCD spec anyway. In this day there is no reason to convert DVD to anything else and thats what the author here is trying to prevent and i respect that.

I wish I had watermarked the DVDs that I authored because ive seen them ripped and raped into VCD and divx and it angers me to see the garbage quality people have turned it into when dvd burners and media are so damn cheap
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes