View Single Post
Old 2011-02-09, 09:24 PM
C'est Bon

Re: recommend a audio recorder

Make a list of must haves in your device and stick to it. For me, I have to have XLR inputs, phantom power, and rotary gain control (no + and - buttons). This also seems to conform to your list of must haves as well.

* Four microphones - Stereo Cardioid and Omni Condenser Mics
* 44.1k to 96k sampling rates for WAV file recording (and a 24 bit upgrade patch available from the website)
* MP3 and WAV file Recording and Playback
* XLR Mic Inputs with Phantom Power
* High-performance microphone preamp with 60dB of gain
* Premium AKM Audio4Pro™ A/D converters with over 100dB signal to noise ratio
* 3.5mm Line Inputs and Outputs
* Low Cut Filter, Analog Limiter and Auto Gain Control
* Built-in Speaker
* Integrated microphone stand mount
* Runs on Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery or AA Batteries (also has gapless power switching from one to the other!!!)
* Optional PS-P520 AC power adapter (this is a big downside...you have to purchase the power adapter separately)
* Ships with 2GB SD card, but is compatible with up to 32 GB
* Dimensions: 3.2" W x 1.4" H x 6" D (80.5mm x 35mm x 151mm)

This also gives you a remote that you can use to stop and start while it is up on a stand (for when you are not stealthing), and I also like the rotary gain controls on the side. It has auto gain control, but you can dial this in with more detail as opposed to the digital ones that jump a few db with each click of the button.

This is simply built for field recording. Different mic choices on board, XLR inputs in case you get a patch or you buy nice condensers, phantom power built in, different power options, and a mic stand adapter.

But don't take my word for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
Arrived today Just did a quick test (using the best possible settings) and it worked superbly. Above my expectations! gonna upgrade the firmware, now.

Big Thanks again, Mr. uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-funkenstein View Post
The DNC sucks.
Quote:
DISCLAIMER: This post is provided 'as is' for informational purposes only. The OP (Original Poster) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyTaper View Post
There is that unmistakable delicious air of animus wafting throughout the forum this evening
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes