View Single Post
Old 2009-12-29, 01:20 PM
Thread Killer

Re: Did I get ripped off on my ratio?

CCleaner (short for CrapCleaner, I believe) "is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner."

http://www.ccleaner.com/

I used it when I ran Windows, and it was a handy tool if you knew how to use it. Most likely it cleaned up the records for your torrent client, but in no way should it have affected your actual ratio. As you've been told, those records are kept by the site - you just lost the data that your torrent client (whatever that is, you didn't specify) stored locally on your h/d. To avoid this in the future, look closely at what files CCleaner is removing from your system BEFORE you delete them, and exclude all references to your torrent client. If you don't know how to do that, either do some reading or don't worry about it.

** edit - I suppose it's possible that some data might have been lost if you ran CCleaner in between tracker updates, but that shouldn't have been significant unless you ran it all the time.

Last edited by harpsichord; 2009-12-29 at 01:23 PM. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes