View Single Post
Old 2005-03-11, 04:53 PM
New Homebrew

Re: Authoring DVD video with 24bit audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by headygouda
Hey, I am putting syncing a show for the first time here, already did it with vegas5 and ulead to cut track it out and author the dvd. But I used 24bit pcm .wav and it came out as mpeg1 layer ii, i'm assuming to match the 'mpeg2 standard'.. but i have been burning 24bit audio to listen to as 'dvd-video' with an audio track, so I know dvd's can hold 24bit .wav and be played back on a dvd player.

Anyone have any tips on how I can mix the video with my 24bit .wavs??? I'd really prefer to keep the 24bit audio there - with a good stereo, you can hear the difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Couple of things... I'm not sure exactly what you're doing. You can't really make a DVD with Vegas, you can make the raw materials to author a DVD in another program, so I'll guess that's what you're doing.

The reason your audio came out as mpeg is probably because you had "include audio stream" checked when you went to render the video. You might find it best to render audio and video streams separately, spend some time selecting the file type and customizing options when the "render" window is open. There is an option for 24 bit wav files and a variety of sample rates, but I am not sure that will be ok when you go to author the DVD.

If you are doing simple cutting/editing, here is a way you can do that without re-encoding your video.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/edit/mpeg2vcr/mpeg2vcr.htm
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes