View Single Post
Old 2005-03-06, 09:37 AM
Columbia, SC

Redoing cue points (or chapter points) on DVDs

I have a question about DVD chapters. I got this fantastic Sting video (the picture and sound are superb) from EZT (from 10-31-94 Phoenix Seagaia Resort, Miyazaki, Japan – broadcast on TV there). The only problem with the thing is the cue points to advance between the chapters do not correlate with the start of a song as they usually do with concert DVDs. This means one cannot easily advance to the desired song when watching the video. This also means that one cannot easily rip the audio portion from the DVD to burn as a CDR (I use ImToo DVD Audio Ripper which basically makes each chapter a track). I don't know much about authoring DVDs but I am hoping one of the files contains the cue points for each chapter. Is this correct? Or, are the cue points embedded in the VOB file itself? Basically, I’d like to be able to wipe out all the cue points and redo them so that each chapter corresponds to the start of a song. Can someone tell me if that is possible and if so how would one go about doing it? I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Rob
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes