View Single Post
Old 2008-04-18, 11:52 AM

Re: Video Demux / Re-Author / Help!

Just wanted to say KUDOS to Pawel, your info was the key that finally opened the lock. I got ahold of VideoRedo and that solved the issues. As you suggested, I opened the standalone authored DVD files in VideoRedo, muxed that to new DVD files, then demuxed those in ProjectX and the audio sync matched up with the video perfectly. I was even able to edit out a few unwanted glitchy clips from the start of the video, which VideoRedo does WITHOUT rerendering the m2v (which is a godsend).

Now, I still wasnt able to bring the m2v into vegas, but I didn't need to. I converted the ac3 audio to WAV using Audition (had to get an ac3 plugin to open the demuxed ac3), brought the converted WAV into Vegas, synched my new (pristine SBD) audio with the converted WAV, then rendered the SBD audio to a new WAV file. I was then able to bring the demuxed m2v and new audio into Architect, and it was perfectly synched! Now I just gotta create some menu pages and I've got an awesome re-author job complete!

Wow, what a learning process! This was baptism by fire. If I got through this, I feel confident I can handle any future re-author jobs.

One question though. Is the ac3 synch problem only existent when demuxing from a standalone authored DVD? I assume if I demux a dvd authored in vegas or tmpgenc or other app, that uses ac3, or LPCM for that matter, the synch should stay intact?

Again, THANKS for the guidance. As always this board is an amazing learning tool. I will be uploading the show soon, but I have a feeling some other folks have been working on this same project. We'll see who gets done first. I won't say here what it is, but Brownie points to anyone who can guess by the context clues in this thread:-)
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes