View Single Post
Old 2005-01-07, 10:47 PM

Re: Too Tight, Too Loose, Just right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
The user of FM has no contract with the radio station. When you subscribe to XM you sign a contract that forbids you from sharing stuff. So it is in no way anything like FM.

Your not even allowed to give out a play list.

Thats kinda funny, you can go to XM411.com and pull up all the songs and artist that they play and what not, so I don't know why you can't share the playlist, likewise with the new MyFi which I just got this week and still figuring out what I think of it, you can record five hours of broadcast and what not.

I was merely saying that all of the stuff on FM is copyrighted i.e. if you listen to a live concert on FM you're most likely going to hear a legal message of
"you can not record, reproduce...."
Just because there is no contract between user and station does not mean that a person is free to do with the broadcast as they please. There is a certain agreement that a person enters into when they listen to the radio. The copyright holder could certainly come after anyone sharing an FM sourced show.
Anyways, no big deal, just explaining what I meant.
Thanks
-Tim

Don't just start encoding all your old VHS to DVD, check to see if there is a better source out there.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes