View Single Post
Old 2010-04-18, 01:22 PM

Re: creating a concert dvd - Mike Gordon

i have the entire first source of video into the timeline. i have left gaps indicating missing video. i am now going to put the other video into the timeline & use to fill in the gaps.

after looking at the two video sources, they are both quite different. they were both shot from tripods, adjacent to one another. the 1st source includes some closeups & pans of the band, during solos, etc. the 2nd source is completely static. another difference is the colors in the video. the 1st is really vibrant, maybe a little too saturated, but the second source is very muted, sterile by comparison. i don't know how well the 2 sources will look when cut together, especially since there is no variation in the shots from the 2nd source. i may just use it to fill in the gaps, and be done with the video portion. it really is night & day difference.

back to the audio. i get the idea of lining up the audio, and adjusting the length to correct variations. i have chosen 1 source to work from, as there is very little difference between them. they were all clamped in the same spot. how do i view the waveforms in FCP, to start lining them up & adjusting the length to the video? again, this is all completely new to me.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes