View Single Post
Old 2005-03-15, 07:26 PM
Funk Is Its Own Reward

Re: Archiving: CD vs. DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigonthewing
I burn my CD and then I make sure to take pristine care of them. If I want a CD just to listen to in the car, I burn it and treat it as such, which is without a care, because I know that at home are my “original” copies.
I archive and then do pretty much the same except I archive the lossless files instead of an audio. But then I burn an audio disc and when I need more room in the car or whatever I send it to a friend or offer it as a freebie or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigonthewing
...file sharing, legally or illegally, is only going to grow and rate of transfer are only getting faster. Point being, you have access to a bigger pool at a quicker rate. It will be like the internet, if it’s not already, there’s so much shit out there that you don’t even know where to begin.

I get shows and sometimes it'll be months before I listen to them other than to check quality. I'm just a little paranoid about relying on the web to have a particular show whenever I want. There are a few shows on the archive that I haven't downloaded 'cause I know it's there. But in the back of my mind I think "what if this site goes down? Anything can happen and where will I get this show?" So for the most part I tend to grab a show when it's available and not worry about it.