View Single Post
Old 2005-06-04, 06:39 PM

Re: Devendra Banhart - Live @ KCRW; Lossy Source? (Freq. screencap inside)

Okay I had a look and a listen. There's almost no activity above 16kHz, just a slight bit of noise. Using better FA shows quite a steep drop at 16kHz just like the SA is showing. The frequency response is sawed off right at 16kHz in a way that doesn't look like nr. I now believe this is a webcast/mp2 broadcast that's been thru a very clean analog stage which has added that tiny bit of noise in the highs. In terms of sound there's some slurring audible in the sibilants which is typical of FM and lossy but the sound is maybe a bit too nice for a typical RM webcast. I would make note of this information in the .txt file and trade it as a "best available source" most likely SBD>?>?mp2>?FM>unknown (most likely analog) transfer>FLAC

I know that's a pretty sketchy lineage to read but its the most accurate and honest I can come up with after puzzling over this for a couple days.

Here's some better FA analaseez taken from the sample I recieved. Take a look up around 16kHz at that drop, I couldn't trade this and tell ppl it is lossless with a straight face.
Attached Images
File Type: gif darkstar-audacityFA1.gif
( 10.5 KB, 13 views)

File Type: gif darkstar-analfreqFAleft.gif
( 16.3 KB, 10 views)

File Type: gif darkstar-analfreqFAright.gif
( 16.3 KB, 10 views)

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes