View Single Post
Old 2008-12-06, 03:18 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Video - Audience Re: Burning DVD for Beginners

I think it's meant that when you burn the TS folder you don't burn the md5. It needs to be in the folder to check it for accuracy, but must not burn (and most burn progs will not let you burn it). It probably was (and should basically always be) included in any torrent, that's not the question, right?

As for why some will play fine and some don't - what program are you watching them with?
Try VLC player, a link's available in the FAQ, prog is free. Not the best, but pretty good.

Sometimes, if I'm torrenting, and browsing, and I try and watch something all at the same time, things get a little funky jerky. That's not enough memory doing too many things at once. Maybe that's part of your problem? Maybe some DVD formatted files are at higher bitrates that your computer can't keep up with somehow, while the ones that play fine are lower resolution / bitrate?

DVD burners are cheap, and pretty easy to install (usually). Go get one! Boxing day's right around the corner, hey???

Hope that helps...