View Single Post
Old 2009-04-05, 05:56 PM

Re: Who wants fried RAM for dinner?

The tech guy says he had it working in the shop before I came home and plugged it in.

Quote:
Who told you the RAM was fried?
The tech guy. The people at the rent-to-own place misunderstood him and said the RAM wasn't seated properly, but that wasnt the cause.

Quote:
Why didn't they just check and then replace the RAM in the computer you had?
That's what they did after figuring out the cause -- but by then I had already gotten a new computer, so they'll be renting it to another person. (I also told the tech guy to do secure deletion, which he did.) They did check the RAM when it first went out, but all he did was remove and swap the sticks, why he didn't try another one I don't know.

Quote:
When you say send it in, do you mean that you take it to the rent-a-computer place and they send it to the tech guy who is at another location?
The tech guy is only across town, so first we took it to the rent-to-own place, they sent it over, but we picked it up and also took it back when it died.

Quote:
Who checked the seating of components and at what location?
The tech guy and his assistant.

Quote:
How long is your term on a rent-a-computer and did they adjust the length of your term when you got the new one?
The terms were a little longer than 2 years -- I got it in March 2007, and it ends in June 2009. What they did is give me the newer one for the same amount, and they didn't change the length.

Quote:
You haven't said it was a laptop but I am curious... was it a laptop or a desktop?
Desktop. I tried a laptop once and it's bad for my neck and shoulders (Due to medications and stuff, I have physical limitations. I'll just say ibuprofen is very useful!)
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes