View Single Post
Old 2008-03-08, 10:03 AM
TTD Staff

Re: GSpot says: Parameter Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgunn2760 View Post
I've seeded DVDs and made checksums but from TS folders, after I ripped them to the hard drive.

These discs cannot be ripped, or even read by Gspot, that's the problem, and I'm trying to figure out what happened.

The trader said these are copies from his masters, and he has copied his masters before without problems, so the problem must be the burning this time around.
I got into the habit a long time ago to make md5s of the VIDEO_TS on the DVD prior to copying it to my harddrive. Then I run the md5s again the files that were copied to my harddrive to verify the copy went OK. I'm not sure that it is necessary now since if there is a problem with the file, then it simply won't copy. But, I continue doing it.

Anyway, you should be able to make an md5 of the VIDEO_TS folder that is on the DVD by using whatever application you like to use to make md5s. You use the same process you would normally use only the files happen to be on the DVD instead of the harddrive. I'm just thinking if you do this, and you get him to make md5s of the files he has, then you can verify that you have an exact copy of what he has. If so, and he was able to copy the files, then we know it is most likely a problem on your end. If the md5s don't match, then we know that he made a mistake in copying the DVDs for you.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes