View Single Post
Old 2010-02-25, 08:45 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff

Re: VIDEO_TS file too big for 4.38GB DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar25 View Post
I downloaded a live concert that included two VIDEO_TS folders, each labeled disc 1 and 2 respectively. This leads me to believe they can fit onto one DVD each. Yet the typical DVD size is 4.38 GB and one of these VIDEO_TS folders is over 5.5 GB. My 'burn' software for MAC tells me there was a problem authoring the DVD. I assume this has to do with the size. Is there a way to get the folder to fit on the DVD? Do I need to shrink the folder size?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

since one of the VIDEO_TS folders is over the limit of a single layer DVD (DVD5), you'll need to burn it is a double layer disc (DVD9) to fit, just as someone said above.

It might help if you report the torrent and explain the issue briefly so the video mods can make a note on the torrent that it requires a dual-layer burner and media.

You can also shrink it, as was mentioned, but you'll lose quality... generally has all that nasty aliasing when you do that.