View Single Post
Old 2007-09-26, 09:53 PM
Trader Dave

Re: Demonoid troubles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinowing
demonoid is gone i would assume. and isohunt closed their US trackers yesterday.
As of earlier today, we have disabled access from users in the US to our trackers, until further notice. This goes for ALL trackers (torrentbox, podtropolis) we run. This is due to the US's hostility towards P2P technologies, and we feel with our current lawsuit brought by the MPAA, we can no longer ensure your security and privacy in the US. So, if you're outside the US, you may notice less peers. We encourage you to add other public, unhampered trackers to torrents you post, in addition to Torrentbox and Podtropolis's trackers.

THIS IS ONLY REGARDING TRACKERS OWNED BY ISOHUNT.COM NOT 3RD PARTY TRACKERS -- DO NOT CONTACT ME PRIVATELY ABOUT THE CHANGE IN POLICY

Update: Spike
Apparently some P2P news sites are falsely reporting that we are blocking US visitors from using the isoHunt website itself. Let me say this is NOT the case. As reported above we are blocking US visitors ONLY to the BitTorrent TRACKERS we run. This will NOT affect torrents obtained from isoHunt unless these torrents only use said trackers that are isoHunt operated.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes