View Single Post
Old 2016-02-01, 11:05 PM

Re: All My Torrents Banned From Dime

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksg View Post
You're not with me. That Menu pic in 5. is not possible, 16/44.1 has a bitrate of 1411.2Kbps and a file size of 176.4 KB/s. 16/48 has a bitrate of 1536 Kbps and a file size of 192 KB/s. The book even says bitrate is selectable only in mp3, that's because in WAV the bitrate is predetermined by the bits per sample and the samples per second. You cant alter the bitrate, it's a mathematical result of the format. Plus you really think that mod took the time to look at this manual? I highly doubt it.

If you don't want to read my proof that's cool, but it's irrefutable, absolutely spot on correct. I spent years analyzing samples on Audition. and those charts are reference material.

BTW, registrations are not closed at Planet Rock, I would know. I approve or deny them. All of them.
I think you're missing what I'm telling you. He saw the 192 on the record format screen, did not realize that was only pertinent to mp3 recording, and included it in his text file, that's why his torrents were banned. In no way am I refuting your math, and I found your reply instructive and informative, but off target in this quirky case. His entire issue was in how he wrote up his lineage. If the Tascam default setting for mp3s was 256, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Combining wav and mp3 record rate info on the same screen seems to be a common, and imo, confusing, practice on these chip burners not limited to the Tascams.

On the other matter, I will feel it's safe to assume that as my (legit) email to planet rock requesting to rejoin the site has remained unanswered for three months now, I am no longer welcome. That's OK, but a reply would have been nice, even if the answer was no. Consider that request withdrawn, no hard feelings, and best wishes to the PRLB tracker and the many fine members there.

Last edited by mwonter; 2016-02-01 at 11:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes