View Single Post
Old 2008-12-01, 06:20 PM

Re: converting/splitting

Thanks to you all.
1. Thanks xj, will install Monkey's Audio. (It couldn't hurt :-) ).
2. Thanks Audioarchivist, do you think xj's suggestion has possible merit, or is
Monkey's Audio irrellevant?
3. As per your suggestion, I will reinstall and give details of exactly what I do so that if something is missing you will hopefully catch.
4. As for what I'm doing: I picked up a recording as a single file, along with a .cue
file detailing the breakdown into tracks. By opening the .cue file in Foobar and then right clicking on the individually indexed tracks, or on the whole of them, and then right clicking, you are given a convert option, will convert in the indexed form, i.e. breaking the file into individual tracks in conversion. If my language is improper, please work with me I'm an ignoramus in these matters, which is why I rely on my patient betters at traders den. Anyway, when I ask for the above, it tries but the conversion (into individually indexed tracks, fails, because, as it says, the file(s) are in an unsupported
format.

As I say, I will take specific notes as I reinstall and elaborate here within the day.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes