View Single Post
Old 2011-04-17, 02:50 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstaggerlee View Post
I'd love to, but neither the Taper nor the Uploader is identified on the LMA. If I get ambitious, I may try to find out who administers the LMA's Dispatch collection and suggest that he either replace what's currently posted with the fixed fileset I've created, or just post mine up there as well.
It's a bad idea to put out your fileset because most likely your files aren't fixed at all.

The audio data is not block-aligned error message indicates that the WAV data is truncated. It's hard to tell how this happened. One reason may be that some files have been truncated from cutoffs during FTP. Another reason may be a faulty shn compression (Shorten doesn't have much error detection). Or the original shn files were created from truncated wav files. Or the errors were introduced when burning/ripping the files to/from silver.

If you use an audio editor to join tracks d1t02 and d1t03, for example, you can clearly see a skip in the waveform at the position where the files were put together (see attachment). This skip will stay when encoding to flac though you won't get the not block-aligned error message anymore.

So, if you put out your "fixed" fileset, a lot of people will think it is ok - but it is not, it's still a corrupt fileset (it's just harder to detect this corruption now). Better you post a comment over at the Archive and tell people that the shn fileset is corrupt (though the skips may not be audible; I didn't check this).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t02_t03.jpg
( 12.3 KB, 163 views)

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes