View Single Post
Old 2008-11-28, 03:57 PM

Re: Two shows on one disc - How?

The O.P. asked about my way of doing this thing, so I'm putting it here.
Feel free to either get a laugh out of this hack-job, or add some input to (hopefully) improve it.

This is all about copying & renaming (better say, renumbering) VTS_xx_x.* files.

For the last step, I use this tool to create the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP files: DVDFab (freeware/small/old version) hosted at Doom9. 706 KB (disk usage)

EXAMPLE

Create a destination folder structure (highlighted in the pic).

Copy the VTS_xx_x.* files from the first video to the destination folder (packed/VIDEO_TS, in this case).

Copy the VTS_xx_x.* files from the second video to a temporary location.
Rename them accordingly (see the yellow numbers in the other pic). These numbers are supossed to identify (so to speak) the dvd titles. So, if the first video have more than one title, rename the VTS_xx_x.* files of the second video using the next number in sequence.

Copy those 'renumbered' files to the destination folder. You'll end up with this.

Use DVDFab to create de video manager files.

One second later.

Note that DVDFab also touch the *.IFO *.BUP files. (Keep this in mind if you plan to keep a backup of the original files.)

This way you can pack any number of videos (or titles) you want, as long as you number the files in sequence.

DRAWBACK:

Depending upon how videos were authored, you'll most probably have to use the remote control to directly access the titles. That is, most of the time the videos don't flow one title after another.

ADVANTAGE (over the DVDShrink method):

Menues are still there (sometimes they don't play well, but again, use the remote control to access titles). This is good, I think, if you plan to backup/restore those videos to their original state (perhaps, for re-author, or a re-seed). You only have to backup/restore those small VIDEO_TS.* and *.IFO *.BUP files that came with the original videos. VTS_xx_xx.VOB files remain intact.

Hope this helps (or gets you a headache ).
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes